List of Popular Online Six Sigma Courses from Beginner to Advanced
Six Sigma Online Courses & Certifications
Definition - Six Sigma
Six Sigma methodology is focused on reducing variability, and reducing or eliminating defects or failures in the delivery of a product or customer service. The goal of Six Sigma is to reach a maximum of 3.4 defects per million events or opportunities (DPMO), understanding as a defect any event in which a product or service fails to meet customer requirements.
Six Sigma –
- Ensures quality in each job (unnecessary control)
- Trains people capable of improving quality
- Ensures the sustainability and profitability of businesses
- Designs and develops capable processes, products, and services
The Six Sigma Method The applied method, which is called DMAMC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control), uses statistical tools. In addition, devices that observe the variables of the processes and their relationships, help to manage their characteristics. Known as DMAMC, the Six Sigma method consists of the application, project by project, of a process structured in below five phases.Six Sigma Certifications Six Sigma certifications are available at various levels, including –
How to Become a Six Sigma Certified Professional?
- White Belt
- Yellow Belt
- Green Belt
- Black Belt
- Master Black Belt
As of now, there is no specific certification body that offers a Six Sigma Black certification. A number of associations and service providers like Quality HUB India (QHI), American Society for Quality (ASQ), International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), International Quality Federation (IQF), The Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC), etc. offer this certification against a fee. You should have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) model as per Six Sigma principles. In addition, you must have a basic knowledge of Lean enterprise concepts to be able to identify non-value-added elements and activities.
Here are the steps to getting a Six Sigma Certification –
Get enrolled in the certifying body to earn the certification.
The requisites depend on the certifying body
Who Should Take Up Six Sigma Certification?
- Obtain full-time or online basic training on course material
- Take up the certification exam and complete projects
Profiles for which six sigma certifications could be extremely useful are -
Which skills are required to become a Six Sigma Certified Professional?
- Quality control professionals
- Process improvement professionals
- Production managers
- Process control specialists
- Frontline and factory supervisors
- Administration and Management professionals
- Finance managers
- Business analysts
Know how to deploy six sigma within a project
Free Resources to Learn Six Sigma From Quality HUB India following free Mini Course on Six Sigma are available for online training:
- Learn to implement tools and techniques to deploy strategic directions for initiatives
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for six sigma projects and how each group influences project deployment
- Learn how to support communications about project deployment
- Learn about applying operational change management techniques within their defined scope or domain
- Good understanding of business processes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team Management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to manage project teams and motivate the peers
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage budgets
- Hard-working and result oriented
- Ability to complete tasks and achieve business goals
- Six Sigma White Belt (FREE Course and Get E-Certificate)
- Introduction to Six Sigma
Books on Six Sigma The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Tool book :A Quick Reference Guide to Nearly 100 Tools for Improving Quality and Speed | Authors: Michael George, John Maxey, David Rowlands, Mark Price
This handy guide covers all that Six Sigma professionals need to bring efficiency in their practices with detailed methodologies.
Top Six Sigma Course Providers
- Quality HUB India (QHI)
- The Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC)
- Americal Society for Quality (ASQ)
- International Quality Federation (IQF)
- Benchmark Six Sigma
- VAR SIGMA
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR EXECUTIVE LEARNING (ISEL)
The above resources and courses will help you gain a good foundation in the discipline. Explore more Six Sigma courses on the platform at courses.qualityhubindia.com or at https://qualityhubindia.com/Other Popular courses from Quality HUB India
and many more.........